With an ongoing effort to continually be improving our sport leagues, and with direct feedback from our players, the following updates have been made to the rules. Note – these are highlights, full changes can be found in the rules section on the website and on sport pages.
It is the responsibility of captains and players to ensure you are aware of any changes.
Soccer (Indoor, Outdoor & Futsal)
- All free kicks and side kick-ins are indirect. To score off an indirect kick, the ball must be touched by another player (offense or defense, but not the keeper). This is a modification of the original rule to deter players from blasting the ball at the goal in an attempt to hit the ball off the goalie and into the net.
- If a ball is kicked out of bounds along the sidelines, an indirect kick-in is awarded to the opposite team. There will be no throw-ins at any time. The ball should be placed on sideline where it left the court. The player must have both feet on or outside the sideline. If a kick-in attempt results with the ball never entering the court, the play is retaken.
- If a ball is kicked out of bounds along the goal line by the offence, an indirect goal kick is awarded to the defending team.
- If a ball is kicked out of bounds along the goal line by the defense, a corner kick is awarded to the attacking team. A corner kick is not a ‘free kick’, therefore a goal can be scored directly from a corner-kick.
- Players are not allowed to play with gloves, bare hands only. Wraps or single-sided tape for supporting recovering injuries are acceptable, however cannot be performance enhancing.
- If an interception occurs in the end-zone and the player is flagged down, a touchback will occur, and the intercepting team will gain possession on the 10-yard line.
General Policy Updates
DRINKING OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR SMOKING TOBACCO OR CANNABIS AT YOUR GAME SITE, WHICH INCLUDES INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE FACILITY, ON SPORTS FIELDS OR BALL DIAMONDS, AND PARKING LOTS, BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER YOUR GAME IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED! OFFENDERS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE LEAGUE WITHOUT REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID (NO EXCEPTIONS).